Click below to jump to regional seminars. These are held on a regular basis by head instructors and can be an ideal introduction to Kissaki. Non-members are especially welcome!
Seminar Series with Belgian Chief Instructor Guy Janssens
Seminar Series with UK Chief Instructor Don Came
Seminar Series with Irish Chief Instructor Gerard Smullen
7th August, Elne, France
Thursday, August 7th at 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Centre Sportif d'Elne, Ave Paul Reig, 66200 Elne, Pyrénées-Orientales, France.
As part of a week's summer program with Jean-Paul Bindel, founder of Toreikan Budo and Kyusho pioneer in France
Vince Morris will be teaching self-defence.
Participation : 30 euros for this class, and free for those who are enrolled for the whole week.
Please contact Sensei Bindel directly if you wish to enrol: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also see details on Facebook under:
20th and 21st September Ireland
Two seminars with Vince Morris.
20th September in Derry:
Templemore Sports Complex, Buncrana Rd, Derry BT48 7QL, 1.30pm-4.30pm
for more information please contact:
Sensei Chris McFeely email@example.com Tel: 0044 77111 89728
21st September in Falcarragh:
Falcarragh Karate Club, Ionad Chu Chulainn, Falcarragh, Co. Donegal, 10.00am-12.00noon
for more information please contact:
Sensei Gerry Smullen firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 00353 86177 3901
7/8/9 November, Michigan, USA
This year's US camp will be held in Michigan in November at Sensei Phil Oaks and Sensei Jerry Bomay's dojo, the Bassai Karate Academy,
490 Quarterline S.E. Newaygo, MI 49337
The schedule will include a dan test. Don't miss this, it will be a great camp!
Details to be announced soon.
2nd, 3rd May in Fürth, Germany
Following the success of the last two seminars, we are delighted to announce that 2015 is already in the planning.
Belgium Kissaki-Kai Seminar Series with Sensei Guy Janssens 6th Dan
Kissaki-Kai Kumite / Bunkai / Rules of Combat with Sensei Guy Janssens
Cost: Kissaki-Kai members: 2 euro / non-members: 7 euro
14 Juni te Sint-Martens-Latem (Hoge Heirweg 64)
from 14h to 16h
click on the image for .pdf flyer:
the Nintai Dojo, Sporthal Latem-Deurle, Hoge Heirweg 64, Sint-Martens-Latem
- Has a 6th dan black belt Kissaki-Kai
- Is the Belgian Chief Instructor for Kissaki-Kai
- About 34 years in martial arts (2 years of boxing and the rest karate)
- About 15 years of training with Sensei Vince Morris (first in former I.I.K.R. and afterwards Kissaki-Kai )
- 2nd Dan Shotokan Karate
- Certified level 2 kyusho jutsu instructor (IIKR)
- Certified instructor law enforcement training services (LETS)
- Chief instructor Kissaki-Kai BENELUX countries
- Certified trainer B karate B.L.O.S.O (Vlaamse trainersschool/commissariaat-generaal voor de Bevordering van de Lichamelijke Ontwikkeling, de Sport en de Openluchtrecreatie)
- Certified CPR
back to top...
UK Kissaki-Kai Seminar Series with Sensei Don Came 6th Dan
REVIEW of the HEIAN/PINAN KATA with SENSEI DON CAME
UK Chief Instructor Kissaki-Kai Karate-Do International
Seminar by DON CAME & IAIN ABERNETHY
SUNDAY 25th May 2014, 11-3pm
The seminar will be held at the CAVENDISH SPORTS CENTRE
Also: Teacher training sessions are held on the 1st Sunday of each month.
For further details and to arrange your place please contact Sensei Don Came at: email@example.com or call: 07952 670 349
- has a 7th dan black belt Kissaki-Kai,
- is a 3rd dan black belt Wado-ryu,
- has more than 30 years Martial Arts experience,
- is a Senior Instructor with Kissaki-Kai Karate-Do International,
- is the European representative for ISOK (international Society of Okinawan/Japanese Karate-Do),
- is a Physical Intervention Training Consultant – TASK International & ANSON Tactical,
- is a Law Enforcement Training Services (LETS) – certified coach,
- is on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REP’s) Level 3 Senior Instructor,
- is the Former Eastbourne Borough Council self defence coordinator, Youth Protection Programme,
- he is also a Personal Trainer and Extreme Kettlebell Instructor
- and he is CRB checked.
back to top...
Irish Kissaki-Kai Seminar Series with Sensei Gerry Smullen 4th Dan
Kissaki Kai Ireland, Training Dates 2014: The Falcarragh Karate club will host extra seminars/training sessions for the benefit of Kissaki kai members and for anyone wishing to learn about Kissaki Kai during 2014. These are held at the Falcarragh Karate Club,
Sundays 10am -12 noon, Training at Ionad Chú Chulainn Ballyconnell road, Falcarragh, Co. Donegal
19th January Open Session
9th February Open Session
23th February Senior Kyu
9th March Open session
23rd March Senior Kyu
13th April Open Session
27th April Senior Kyu
11th May Open session
1st June Open Session
22rd June Senior Kyu
7th September Open Session
21st September Senior Kyu
12th October Open Session
2nd November Open Session
16th November Open Session
14th December Open Session
Open sessions are for anybody interested, Senior Kyu sessions are mainly but not exclusively for members to become better acquainted with and more proficient regarding our essential Syllabus
All dates are subject to change and any additional events will be added and circulated.
We will have our usual regular weekly Tuesdays 7pm-9pm and Wednesdays 7pm -9pm club sessions and we also hope to add extra seminars with visiting Kissaki Kai instructors
Contact; 086 -1773901, e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, please check out; falcarraghkarateclub.blogspot.com
- has a 4th Dan (Yondan) Kissaki Kai Karate
- 4th Dan (Yondan) in Wado Ryu Karate (Welsh Bushi-Kai, & Ulster Karate Federation)
- Level two coach in Martial Arts, National Coaching & Training Centre, Irish Sports Council, and National Coaching Development Programme.
- ACS Award in Sports Coaching, Sports Coach UK, Northern Ireland Sports Council
- LETS Law Enforcement Training services Int –Control & Restraint tutor certificate
- Garda Vetting received (and current).
- WUKO Kata Judge
- Current First aid and CPR certificates, including; occupational first aid, first aid skills and emergency aid.
- 30 years training in Wado-Ryu Karate,
- 27 years as primary club organiser/instructor
- Former Chairman of the Ulster Karate Federation (to 2011)
- 18 years of Competition (Kumite)
- 2 years training in Freestyle (karate/kickboxing)
- World Karate Council Referee World & Euro Championships 1998-1999-2000
- Senior WKC tatami Referee, (@Female senior heavyweight Kumite Final 1998)
- Ulster Karate Council referee to 2007
- Ulster Karate Federation referee 2006 to 2011
- National Certificates in Health & Safety awareness and in Child protection
- Certificate in Reality-based Personal Protection - Knife Survival
back to top...